Random Did You Know Facts. . .
Various random did you know facts. Enjoy!!!
Did You Know:
- If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib.
- A psychological study revealed that when you are single, all you see are happy couples, and when you are married, all you see are happy singles.
- The top three lies people tell: 1. I'm on my way 2. I'll call you later 3. I'm fine
- The sound you hear when you put a seashell next to your ear is not the ocean, it's the sound of blood flowing through your head.
- If you keep a Goldfish in a dark room, it will eventually turn white.
- 85% of plant life is found in the ocean.
- Ralph Lauren's original name was Ralph Lifshitz.
- the flag for Libya is unlike any other being a solid green color.
- Licking a wound actually does promote healing since saliva helps disinfect wounds and kills bacteria.
- sound travels almost 5 times faster underwater than in air.
- the fortune cookie was invented in San Francisco.
- The safest number of times to reuse a disposable razor is three times. The longer you keep using a disposable razor, the more germs it will collect, and the greater chance that a nick will be infected.
- the average speed of a skydiver is 200kph (124mph).
- that 90% of an iceberg sits under water.
- 'Bookkeeper' and 'bookkeeping' are the only 2 words in the English language with three consecutive double letters.
- In eastern Africa you can buy beer brewed from bananas.
- Australia was originally called New Holland.
- lightning strikes the Earth 6,000 times every minute.
- fire usually moves faster uphill than downhill.
- your tongue is the fastest healing part of your body.
Return From Random Did You Know Facts To Home Page