Why would you want to get yourself involved in various good Affiliate Programs?
That’s easy – Affiliate Programs give you the opportunity to build a residual income with part-time work from the comfort of your own home. A good enough reason right?
Affiliate marketing is the process of promoting a product or a service, in which if others buy, you will receive a commission.
There are numerous companies online today, that owe much of their growth and success to good affiliate programs and effective marketing. A great example of this is GetResponse.
However, the best example must be Amazon. Amazon has been literally built on its affiliate marketing program. So to understand the potential of good affiliate programs, combined with effective marketing, anyone can just look at Amazon, which is one of the biggest and well respected companies in the world, and still growing.
Good Affiliate programs have already, and continue to create millionaires all over the world. They are the living testimony of how motivation, learning and hard work can really pay off.
So how do you choose which good affiliate programs to get yourself involved with?
Here are some tips you might want to look at before you make your choices:
1. Choose a program that you need and like and that you are interested in. One of the best ways of knowing if that is the kind of program you wish to promote is if you are interested in purchasing the program yourself. If that is the case, chances are, there are many others who are interested in the same program and products. Better still, my personal advice is purchase the product yourself and only if you are happy with it then join their affiliate program.
2. Look for good affiliate programs that are of high quality. For instance, look for one that is associated with an expert in that same field. This way, you are assured of the standard of the program you will be joining. There are forums and discussions you can participate in to get good and reliable feed backs.
3. A program with a compensation plan that pays out a residual income (i.e. a membership program) and a payout of at least 30% or above. Do not waste your time with programs that do not substantially reward you for your efforts.
4. Be aware of minimum quotas that you must fulfill or sales targets that are too high to achieve. Some affiliate programs impose pre-requisites before they pay out commissions. Be sure you can match their requirements, or move on to something else.
5. Select a program that has plenty of tools and resources that can help you grow your business in the shortest possible time.
6. A program that is offering strong incentives for members to renew their memberships each time. An affiliate program that provides continuous help and upgrades for its products have the tendency to retain its members. This means more residual income for you.
7. Look at what the “hit per sale ratio”. This is the average hits to a banner or a text link it takes to generate a sale. This factor is extremely important because this will tell you how much traffic you must generate before you can earn a commission from the sale.
8. Check how the referrals from an affiliates site are tracked and for how long do they remain in the system (this depends mainly on cookies). The period of time that people stay in the system is also important. This is because some visitors do not buy initially but may want to return later to make the purchase. You must know if you still get your commission even if the sale happens some weeks or months later.
9. Try and choose a good affiliate program that has a 1 tier, and a 2 tier program. A 1 tier program only pays you for the business you yourself have generated. A 2 tier program pays you for the business , plus it also pays you a commission on the sales generated by an affiliate you sponsor in your program. These are some points that you need to familiarize yourself with before you select the affiliate programs you will work with.
If your looking for the best places to start your affiliate marketing then Amazon.com and/or Amazon.co.uk are the best places for physical products such as books, electronics, health and beauty products, toys, clothing, shoes and many more.
For online products, a good affiliate program you must look in to is Clickbank. Clickbank.com is the worlds largest digital (downloadable) retailer.
There are many more resources out there where you can get yourself into good affiliate programs, but Clickbank.com and amazon.com are my personal favorites for online and offline products.
Websites and Tools that I personally use and highly recommend to you as a MUST in your affiliate programs are: (if you do not know what these sites or tools are then you need to click on them to find out soon!!!)
SBI (Site Build It) – In a few words – “takes my breathe away”. This is how I built this site. For beginners and experts alike, SBI is packed with video tutorials and guides you step by step on how to build your site for both the human eye, and the search engines robots. This powerful tool has literally changed my life.
Chris Farrell – This is where it all started for me. I learned all the basics of the internet business, and I am still learning from him. Again packed with step-by-step video tutorials on just about everything you need to succeed in the online business. A highly respected man and a great teacher. His site was voted No.1 Internet Marketing Service. Become a member and not only will you learn all that you need to know, but Chris offers FREE HOSTING with UNLIMITED DOMAINS. When you become an affiliate marketer you will understand the importance of this, and how much money you will save!!! A GREAT Link Cloaker Software package is also available for members. By the way the support offered here is great.
GetResponse – Have you ever heard of the saying “the money is in the list”. Well GetResponse is the best out there to help you get the most out of your list.The king of all autoresponders, this is a “must have” for affiliate marketers. Very user friendly with tutorials to help you get the most out of your business. When it comes to email marketing – this is the one!!!
Hostgator – if you decide not to go with Chris Farrells membership site, then you need a hosting company. Hostgator is as good as it gets. A world leader in website hosting. They provide hosting to their clients to over 200 countries worldwide with over 750 employees to assist you in any help you need. Very professional with immaculate service.
GoDaddy – Looking to find your domain name and register it – godaddys the place to go. A quick and easy registration process that offer anything you can think of. I think there logo says it all “Domains, websites and everything in between”!!!
These services are all you need to earn those much needed commissions.
How do I know?
Because I use them!!!
To Your Success
NOTE: If you would like to add comments on the above article or if you know of any good affiliate programs, we would be grateful and honored if you shared them with us in the "comment" section below.