I Have a Fear - Yet Fear is Only a Four Letter Word
I have a fear. The question is are you afraid of failure, or are you afraid of success? Have you been known to chase after every shiny object that promises to bring you a successful income while you’re living someone else's dream? Are you afraid of getting started because maybe you won’t finish?
Fear can paralyze you. To eliminate fear, you must denounce its existence.
Sometimes Network Marketers & Internet Marketers find that it’s easier to spend time analyzing, researching, experimenting and talking about what they’re going to do, rather than actually doing it.
Below are several examples of fear that stop people from succeeding. See if you recognize yourself in any of these situations.
- I have a fear of starting. How do I start? Where do I start from? I can’t decide. Let me read a little more and learn just a bit more, because I don't know everything yet.
- I fear failure. Just because all these other people claim to be making money, what if I spend months and years of my precious free time, and invest thousands of dollars but it doesn’t work? I don’t want to fail.
- I fear that I just can’t seem to take action with anything that I buy! The offers sound too good to resist so I buy the book, the opportunity plan, the software, the tools, and I sign up for the trainings and webinars. I’m not afraid of doing that. But at the end of the year, I have not taken action. Therefore, I have not made any money in Network Marketing/Internet Marketing. What’s stopping me from taking action?
- I have a fear that my family will get upset with me spending so much time away from them while I’m building my business. We’re getting deeper into debt and I keep thinking that if I could find the magic elixir that would guarantee my success that we won’t have to struggle financially anymore. But if I spend one more hour away from my family, my responsibilities and my friends, I couldn’t deal with their frustration and disappointed reactions.
- I fear change. I like an organized and time-efficient life. I’m afraid that if I start working for myself that I’ll lose my focus and then I’ll be broke again. Why do I fear change and shoot myself in the foot before I’ve even started?
Some people spend years in fear. When they change their mindsets and see the positive results, they never want to go back to those old feelings.
To conquer fear, you must move through it and not let it hold you captive.
"We must look for the opportunity in every difficulty instead of being paralyzed at the thought of the difficulty in every opportunity" - Walter E. Cole
You Might Also Like
Return From I Have A Fear To Home Page