Interesting Did You Know Facts
Various interesting did you know facts. Enjoy !!!
Did You Know:
- Venetian blinds were invented in Japan.
- the Amazon rain forest produces half the world's oxygen supply.
- Brazil borders every country in South America except Chile and Ecuador.
- 42% of men and 25% women, don’t wash their hands after using a public toilet.
- the word typewriter is the longest word that can be typed using only the top row of a keyboard.
- ants stretch when they wake up in the morning.
- a piece of paper cannot be folded more than 7 times.
- over 2,500 left handed people are killed a year from using right handed products.
- female lions complete 90% of the hunting in their herd.
- the stomach acids found in a snakes stomach can digest bones and teeth but not fur or hair.
- you burn more calories sleeping than watching television.
- Oak trees don't produce acorns until they are 50 years old.
- not all your taste buds are on our tongue (10% are on the insides of you cheeks).
- there is 200 times more gold in the world's oceans than has been mined.
- The 'sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick' is said to be the toughest tongue twister.
- more people are killed by hippopotamuses then by lions, elephants and water buffalos combined.
- Iceland consumes more Coca Cola per capita than any other country.
- bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers were all all invented by women.
- when 2 zebras stand side by side they usually face each other in opposite directions to keep an eye out for predators.
- most cows produce more milk when they listen to music.
- only 4 out of 20,000 species of bees produce honey.
Return From Interesting Did You Know Facts To Home Page