When you read the title of this article and see the words “Need To Give Up”, you might be thinking to yourself,” what is he talking about”!!! There is no space for these words in a personal development article. And that my friend is where you are wrong.
What I am going to talk to you about here is not giving up on your hope or your dreams, but giving up on the “negatives” of your life - The things that if you “give up” on them, will make you stress free and happier.
As of today you are going to welcome change and say you “give up” on the following:
1. Need to give up on Resistance - to change to a better person. Making the right changes will improve your life including everything and everyone around it.
“I used to say I sure hope things will change. Then I learned that the only way things are going to change for me is when I change” – Jim Rohn
2. Need to give up Excuses – instead of improving and getting on with things the way we should, we start giving ourselves excuses and the easy way out of things. It’s a lot easier to say “I am not going to give up on smoking because I like it”, rather than saying “I am going to stop smoking because smoking kills”. You see the latter phrase requires effort and action whereas the first phrase is the easy way out – it’s just an excuse.
3. Need to give up Complaining – When everyone and everything makes you sad and depressed it’s time to stop and think a little. You see nobody can make you unhappy or miserable unless you allow it. It is not the person or the circumstances that triggers off those negative feelings inside of you, but it is the way in how you deal with these things.
4. Give up on blame – Don’t blame others. Start taking responsibility for what you are, what you have and what you feel. It’s easy to point your finger at someone else rather than pointing your finger to yourself and admitting to your mistakes.
“You don’t get in life what you want. You get what you are” – Les Brown
5. Your need for control – Let everyone and everything be just the way they are. You are not God, so don’t try and be like him. The only person you can control is yourself and your own actions.
“When you get your own planet you can rearrange it however you want, but for now we are all just guests here” - Jim Rohn
6. Your need to be right – Another self-destructive component that seems to blind us all at times. When the situation arises, ask yourself, “is it really worth it”? Is it really worth fighting with someone just to prove your point and to make them understand that you are right – after all, it’s only your opinion. “Give your ego a break, before it breaks you” – C.K.Costa
7. Your disbelief – So do you know what you are really possible or not possible of doing? I challenge you. Try the impossible, and you will shock yourself, as long as you have some self belief and desire. When I started surfing the internet and was reading the different articles and looking at different websites, I was always saying to myself “this is great – I wish I could write and design something like this”. Now not only do I write my own articles and have set up my own website, but I also enjoy every second of it. Give it a try!!!
8. Give up the past – No matter what you have gone through before, or how many mistakes you have done, and how many people you have let down, including yourself, let it all go. Fortunately or unfortunately for that matter, you can’t bring back time, but you can live the present. Be present in everything you do and enjoy life. Treasure the present, after all that’s why it’s called the present, it’s a “present” from God.
9. Trying to impress others – You should know by now that it’s not worth the hassle. Maybe you can fool someone once or twice, but in the end you will be uncovered. Just be yourself. We are all blessed in being different from one another in our own special ways. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you” – Dale Carnegie
10. The need to give up on your fears – Fear is just an illusion, its all in the mind. Correct the inside and the outside will fall into place. “A mind focused on doubt and fear cannot focus on the journey to victory” – Mike Jones
"Don’t say, “if I could, I would.” Say instead, “if I can, I will” - Jim Rohn
A wake up call to finally 'let go' and 'be yourself'
What would you do if you found a 'money tree' as you were walking by?
Why we make leadership bigger than what we are