Are you a victim of the cruelty and unfairness of life? Maybe you have just lost your job due to the global recession, or have just gone through a divorce. Maybe you are having health problems or have just fallen into a state of depression due to a mixture of struggles and difficulties. One thing is for sure, and that is “everyone has problems”. It is not so much the problems at issue here, but at how you deal with them and how you respond to life in general.
People tend to turn to personal growth and development for 2 reasons; either for inspiration or for desperation. You are either looking for a new pathway that leads you to become better than you already are, or something unpleasant has had a direct impact on your life which challenges you to grow and be stronger as a person. Either way, by changing the way you think, (and then act) with personal growth, you will be able to find harmony and the power to overcome the obstacles that come your way which are preventing your happiness.
Personal growth and development is such a broad subject since it includes anything that can benefit you, whether it be mentally, physically, emotionally or spiritually. Exploring the personal growth subject requires you to first make a self-examination of yourself and then finding the right tools to change and the mental power to improve.
Let’s go through a few assumptions to try and find the right formula.
1. The choices you make and the actions you take are responsible for how your life turns out. What you get out of life is what you constantly put in it.
2. If you need to solve a problem you must identify it first. By understanding that there is a problem and then wanting to change it, you are half way to there already.
3. Identifying the problems and obstacles in your life is not enough. You need to set your destination. Know where you are going and what you want to achieve. Understanding who and what you want to become will help you plan out your life.
4. For you to change something in your life, whether it is a habit or a one off decision, there needs to be sacrifices from your part. Short-term costs can lead to long-term benefits. Work now so you can play later.
5. The way we think has a direct impact on the way we act so it is always wise to surround yourself with positive thinking people that can rub some of that positive energy onto you. Reading positive material can also pile up those affirmations in our subconscious, leading to changing our mindset in a way that will benefit us.
6. We are all on a journey trying to find our way through life. Through that journey we all go through changes and we develop accordingly. Taking your life journey into your own hands and setting the sails for your own destination is critical. Waiting to see what fate and destiny has in place for us is a huge mistake. Don’t let others plan and control your life for you.
7. Leave your past behind and focus on the present and the future. If you ever need to reflect on your past, then do it to see what you might have done wrong and what you need to work on.
8. Introducing some good habits in your life like healthy eating and exercise is a step forward. Letting go of some bad habits that you know are causing harm is also a good idea.
Understanding the above assumptions might help you understand what needs to be done to set yourself for a long journey of happiness and fulfillment. The biggest and primary step when trying to accomplish personal growth and development is changing the way you think. By changing your mindset to a positive approach you will find that you can always do better if you are willing too. Things are not always doom and gloom.
Change your perspective about life and see what happens.
A wake up call to finally 'let go' and 'be yourself'
What would you do if you found a 'money tree' as you were walking by?
Why we make leadership bigger than what we are