Quotes About Freedom
Below is a selection of quotes about freedom which I hope
you will enjoy. But before you start reading quotes, I would like to
share a short but very effective poem that I have come across:
To have my own mind, without others trying to influence me.
To be loved, and not hurt.
To be accepted, and understood.
To make mistakes, and not be judged.
To walk with my head held high, and confidence without others trying to tear me
To be me
By: Carmella Walker
- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes - Mahatma Gandhi
- They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety - Benjamin Franklin
- Life is too short to waste any amount of time on wondering what other people think about you. In the first place, if they had better things going on in their lives, they wouldn't have the time to sit around and talk about you. What's important to me is not others' opinions of me, but what's important to me is my opinion of myself - C. JoyBell C.
- Better to die fighting for freedom than be a prisoner all the days of your life - Bob Marley
- He who has overcome his fears will truly be free - Aristotle
- People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use - Søren Kierkegaard
- Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally - Abraham Lincoln
- A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself - Jim Morrison
More Quotes About Freedom . . .
- The unhappiest people in this world, are those who care the most about what other people think - C. JoyBell C.
- When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty - Thomas Jefferson
- For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others - Nelson Mandela
- Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility - Sigmund Freud
- Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population - Albert Einstein
- I tell my students, 'When you get these jobs that you have been so brilliantly trained for, just remember that your real job is that if you are free, you need to free somebody else. If you have some power, then your job is to empower somebody else. This is not just a grab-bag candy game - Toni Morrison
- Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide - Napoleon Bonaparte
- When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw - Nelson Mandela
- Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry his own weight, this is a frightening prospect - Eleanor Roosevelt
- I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom - Bob Dylan
- There is more than one kind of freedom. Freedom to and freedom from. In the days of anarchy, it was freedom to. Now you are being given freedom from. Don't underrate it - Margaret Atwood
You Might Also Like
Wisdom Quotes: Consider yourself a wise person - wait till you read these quotes
Fear Quotes: A short list of inspirational quotes about fear
Return From Quotes About Freedom To Home Page
NOTE: If you would like to add comments on the above article or if you know of any quotes about freedom, we would be grateful and honored if you shared your thoughts and ideas in the "comment" section below.