Random Fun Facts of the Day . . .
The random fun facts of the day page is something extra in this website that was not planned, but I decided to throw in anyway. It's something you can test your skills and increase your knowledge with. These facts of life, have taught me a great deal, and my hope is that they will also teach you as well. Enjoy!!!
- If you type "do a barrel roll" into your Google Search page, the entire page will spin.
- the average human brain contains around 78% water.
- each red blood cell lives an average of 4 months and travels between the lungs and other tissue 75,000 times before returning to bone marrow to die
- Switzerland eats the most chocolate equating to 10 kilos per person per year
- the average person will consume 100 tons of food and 45,424 liters (12,000 gallons) of water in their lifetime
- the color of a chili pepper is no indication of its heat (usually the smaller the hotter)
- In eastern Africa you can buy beer brewed from bananas
- the names of all continents both start and end with the same letter
- honey is the only natural food which never goes off
- M&M's chocolate stands for the initials for its inventors Mars and Murrie
- the Internet was originally called ARPANet (Advanced Research Projects Agency Network) designed by the US department of defense
- the 3 most common languages in the world are Mandarin Chinese, Spanish and English
- Tennessee is bordered by 8 states: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina and Virginia - more than any other in the US
- there are only 4 words in the English language which end in 'dous' (they are: hazardous, horrendous, stupendous and tremendous)
- the world's knowledge is growing so fast that 90% of what we will know in 50 years time will be discovered in those 50 years
Return From Random Fun Facts of the Day To Home Page